Thursday, January 11, 2007

My incredible pouncing.....


I was in the perfect spot last night, hidden by a couple of boxes. I spotted my prey...a lone SOR (son of a rodent). He just sat there....lost in his own little world. I wobbled my butt around...I had to get just the right balance. I had a box to clear after all! I couldn't get to low to the ground...I didn't have to......the SOR was clueless...the poor sap. I gauged the distance, gauged the height I would need to clear the box............and I jumped! I jumped so high, I swear I felt the ceiling graze the tips of my ears! I could see everything for a brief moment....my food dish, my Meowm, my bed...my entire home! Then I was on him! I sank my claws and teeth into him, preparing for him to struggle for his life! I braced myself....any second he would start squirming....his little rodent claws would come out and he would squeal for his life! I started rabbit kicking him...beating him to the squirming.....beating him to within an inch of his now pitiful life. He still wasn't fighting back...was he frozen in fear? Had I scared him to death? I threw in a few more rabbit kicks....maybe they would kick start him. Still nothing! No fighting back, no trying to escape.....the predator in me was very disappointed! Had the sneaky rat bastard planned this all along? Did he know this whole time that I was planning to pounce? I threw in a couple more kicks......just in case. Still no reaction! Darn! This was no fun! I wandered away to look for some nip.......and some dreams of serious pouncing.

16 Comments:

Blogger LZ said...

Wow! GREAT hunting skills! As you know, I myself am a seasoned hunter. Junior, I'd be proud to call you a hunting buddy!

Latte

January 11, 2007 1:31 PM  
Blogger Emma's Kat said...

Hehee, Junior, you are a superb story teller!! You must tell more stories like that! And what a great hunter, you must have scared him to death like ya said. Poor little SOR...

January 11, 2007 2:18 PM  
Blogger Gemini said...

Oh it sounds like you have furry good hunting skills. I wanted to say, that yes that bed is a Millie bed and I think it's furry comfy...

January 11, 2007 2:48 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Wow, you flew HIGH! I loves to do the rabbit-kicks too. I do not know why they never kick back...

January 11, 2007 2:52 PM  
Blogger mister jeter harris, hizself said...

i miself am a grate hunter uv da rodent familee.
i enjoyed yer retellin uv a eksellent eksperience fer u.

January 11, 2007 5:12 PM  
Blogger Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

Great story telling Junior. Our Mom was captivated.

January 11, 2007 5:17 PM  
Blogger Meowers from Missouri said...

you sound like another mighty hunter like me! we should get together and hire a couple of toy poodles to beat the bushes for us and flush out mousies so's we can give 'em a good pouncin'--there's nuthin' like a real live mousie hunt!

your parter in pouncin',
nitro s pierce,
mighty hunter

January 11, 2007 5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello I'm Fat Eddy. I don't think we've met before. I really enjoyed your story about pouncing and killin the SOR. Come visit me sometime.

January 11, 2007 6:33 PM  
Blogger Tommy and Teaghan said...

Ha ha you got him didn't you? So sad for those unaware rat bastids.

January 11, 2007 6:35 PM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

looks like a pink one - those pink ones are not fun.

January 11, 2007 7:39 PM  
Blogger Rascal said...

Wow! What a great drama! Sounds like you got him good. Thank you for checking up on Me. I miss blogging. Soon, hopefully.

January 11, 2007 8:53 PM  
Blogger Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

You have got some SKILLS!
DMM

January 11, 2007 8:57 PM  
Blogger The M's said...

Wow!!! I can't wait until I can jump like you. Maybe you can compete in the catolympics in the high jump.
Munch

January 11, 2007 9:48 PM  
Blogger Lux said...

Sometimes our prey just doesn't turn out to be that exciting! But your story had me on the edge of my seat!

January 11, 2007 11:08 PM  
Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Very nice description of your hunt! You are very talented. Are rodents supposed to fight back? My mice never do.

January 12, 2007 2:05 AM  
Blogger The Crew said...

I think you probably stunned him with the first kick from you ginormous back feet. After that he didn't have the strength to struggle!

George

January 12, 2007 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home