Saturday, February 23, 2008

Back from the v-e-t

And Meowm has been worried about me. I hadn't come all the way out of the anesthesia when Meowm picked me up. It was red around my eyes and they were dilated. Once I got home I just wandered and wandered. It was a couple of hours before I laid down and just rested for awhile. I had a (sorry if this is too much information) a nasty smelling very dark poo. Meowm had to open a door to get the smell cleared out. I kept shaking my paws and licking them....Meowm thinks they trimmed my claws too far back. And I kept folding one of my ears down and scratching at it.

Here is the run down on what they did to me. I got my teeth cleaned and didn't have to have any pulled. This v-e-t thinks I am 3 or 4, judging by my teeth. But I was supposed to be 4 when my Meowm adopted me, two years ago. Trimmed my claws, vaccinated me for rabies and gave me a booster shot. And I got micro-chipped. I felt to rotten to even give Meowm a hard time.

I feel a bit better today, but Meowm is still worried about my paws. I won't let her look at them so she thinks they are tender. I haven't been doing funny things with my ear today, and I have a bit of an appetite back. Meowm says she won't be happy till I am back to normal.

Thank you all for coming to my rescue.....I am convinced the v-e-t and Meowm heard all of you coming, got scared and got me out of the v-e-t office as quickly as possible.

Some purrs for me would be welcome. I am going to nap now.

9 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

Oh Junior, that sounds like a very terrible experience with a lot of torture. No wonder you had a smelly poo. I hope you are feeling better now. I'm glad you did not have to have any of your teeths pulled.

February 23, 2008 2:38 PM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

oh dear Junior! You v-e-t doesn't use the light ann-a-see-sha? our v-e-t uses the go to sleep stuff that only takes about 10-15 minutes to come out of afterwards and there are no side effects from it
you poor dude! does you think that siamese rescue could have mis-calculated your age?

February 23, 2008 2:45 PM  
Blogger Sunny's Mommy said...

Poor Juniorbabee. I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that. There is one good thing though, you won't have to go back to the V E T for a long time now!

February 23, 2008 3:14 PM  
Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh Junior! Feel better. I will go turn my motor on right now.

Gemini

February 23, 2008 5:42 PM  
Blogger Spooky said...

Oh, Junior, I am so glad you're home! By tomorrow, you should be up and running around, almost back to normal...I hope!

February 23, 2008 7:25 PM  
Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Oh Junior, it sounds like you've had a rough time of it! We are sending lots of healing purrs your way! We hope you are back to normal very soon.

February 24, 2008 2:39 AM  
Blogger Lux said...

From Ninna:

My dear Junior,
Why did that vet torture you so? There's just no excuse for it! Just go to sleep and maybe when you wake up it will all seem like a bad dream!

Many hugs & cuddles,
Ninna

February 24, 2008 5:34 PM  
Blogger Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

Sounds like you had a bit of a reaction to the anesthesia. Have your Mommy tell the vet so they can use something different next time. We are glad you are feeling better today.

February 25, 2008 7:52 AM  
Blogger Java's Coffee House said...

thats doesed not sound funs at all. Glad it's all over.

February 27, 2008 7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home