Thursday, July 18, 2013

Tales for Thursday



This is a photo from a happier moment.  The horrific happenings of yesterday are still in my memory and I couldn't bear to have any pictures taken last night.

I was unceremoniously shoved into the PTU yesterday afternoon, and made to endure the longest time in that thing on wheels.  It was not fun and I let my Meowm and Aunt know about it. Then, yep, you guessed it, we were at the v-e-t. 

Once in my larger, yet still prison room, I searched and searched for a way to escape.  None were to be found.  So I started the search for a hiding place and finally found one, although it wasn't a very good place because the v-e-t lady came in and found me right away!  She scooped me up and I got weighed again.  Nothing is sacred in this place!  It was noted that I had lost a little weight from a week ago.  Well, a lady doesn't want to ruin her girlish figure does she?  Then the v-e-t looked deep into my ears, so deep I thought she was tunneling her way to my brain.  Then she peered into my eyes, and I tried to shoot her down with my lasers, but alas, it didn't work.  Some talking ensued after this, then the v-e-t left for a bit.  I went and hid behind my Meowm.  I curled up as little as I could make myself.  I was just getting comfy when the v-e-t came back in and I was pulled out from behind Meowm.  I was stabbed with something, then shoved back in the PTU. 

I played like I didn't understand what they were saying, but I knew.  My ear is still infected, so I got a shot of antibiotic.  Meowm was sent home with more antibiotic and with a steroid.  I fear I am going to balloon up and look like a panther with those steroids! 

Finally we left the v-e-t place and thus began the long journey back home.  I was quieter on the way back, as I was planning on how to exact my revenge.  Once we got home I had to check the place out and make sure all was left in its place.  Then things calmed down..........for a bit.

I was sitting calmly on my perch, watching outside when I was grabbed by the back of my neck and Meowm tried to pry my mouth open.  Oh no, not this again!  I remember the last few times this was done to me and I was having none of it.  So Meowm gave up and a bit of a battle from me.  I was triumphant.......for a short time.  Then I was ganged upon by my Aunt and my Meowm!  At first my aunt grabbed me and my Meowm held my front paws.  Well she left me no way to defend myself except by my teeth, so I bit her!  I sunk my teeth in good!  And alas!  I was free again!  But only for a short time.  My Aunt pulled me back out of my corner, despite me whapping her a good one with my claws, and I was wrapped up tightly in a blanket.  Then my mouth was forced open again and that nasty pill was dropped down my throat.  Then finally my mouth was shut again, but held closed!  I had no choice but to swallow the offending pill! 

I am proud to report that I recovered from that ordeal, but Meowm will take some time to recover from that bite, and my Aunt will need a bit of time for her scratches to heal.  They may have won the battle, but the war rages on!

~~Fierce Warrior Emily

13 Comments:

Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

I am glad you are home. I hate having things like that done to me. Here's a tip. Just run and run and run and run and then they can't catch you....

July 18, 2013 10:12 AM  
Blogger mister jeter harris, hizself said...

oh fer doze happier momentz!
I feel yer pain!

July 18, 2013 10:20 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

Bugger. Never underestimate the amount of fight in a tiny kitteh. srsly.

July 18, 2013 11:08 AM  
Blogger Random Felines said...

Oh Emily.....we know you don't LIKE the pill, but do you realize it is for your own good???? :)

July 18, 2013 12:05 PM  
Blogger Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Wow, you are WAY harder to pill than me! My human just grabs me and throws the pill down my throat and I am done! Actually, maybe my way is better - way less traumatic (although I don't get the satisfaction of causing bodily harm to my human). Maybe you should consider it, Emily?

July 18, 2013 12:33 PM  
Blogger The Florida Furkids said...

We know how much fun it is to fight when they try to give us meds, but we also know it's easier just to accept the medicine and get it over with.

The Florida Furkids

July 18, 2013 5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily...you are precious...and you simply MUST allow meowmums to give meds...purrlease??!! paw hugs, Savannah

July 18, 2013 6:16 PM  
Blogger Mickey's Musings said...

Oooooooooooooooooo!!!
Two humans in one round!!
Very impressive! heeheehee
We purr you feel better soon ;)
Purrs Tillie and Georgia,
Treasure,Tiger,JJ and Julie

July 18, 2013 7:15 PM  
Blogger da tabbies o trout towne said...

mitee miss Em...way ta go givin em all hellz ina hand baskit...sorree ya had two en deer de torture; but glad ya getted revenges....if ewe want even MOR revenges...find sum 2 week ole halibutt N stik it in de A/C ventz....
de blessings oh st francis two ewe ya get better...reeeely quik lee.. N heerz ta a grate week oh end two all !!~~~

July 19, 2013 7:40 AM  
Blogger possumlady said...

Hi Ms. Emily,

I've been following you for a while now. One of my cats, Ms. C. Lisa, has stomatitus in her mouth and is on a long term low dose antibiotic. Do you eat wet food? If so, maybe your mom could do what I do. I take the antibiotic and add a few drops of water to it and leave it alone for a few minutes to let it dissolve, then I add it to her wet food and she eats it up with no problem.

Best of luck!!

July 19, 2013 8:19 AM  
Blogger Katnip Lounge said...

Emily!!

What a horrific story! At least you got your revenge...do you like pill pockets?

July 19, 2013 11:48 AM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I believe Ethel Purrrrman sang a song about 'there's no drama like khat drama'

Or something like that ;-)

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

July 20, 2013 9:12 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Wowie Emily, you really are a fierce warrior. I am quite impressed!

July 21, 2013 1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home