Monday, January 28, 2013

Mancat Monday


Meowm feels recovered enough from the horror of accidentally delieting some pots last week to help us post again.  She was very glad she didn't delete the post she did for Junior after his passing. 

We have more of that white stuff now.  We wish Miss Khyra and Mister Remi could come enjoy it!  We are glad because it has caused the temps to warm up a bit and that makes us feel good.  meowm is glad because it cleared out the nastiness in the air and now she can breathe easier and might actually feel like running some errands and getting some stuff removed from the house that needs to go. 

Meowm is still recovering from Juniors passing.  She still cries sometimes and continues to light a cancle each night for him.  Well, actually, it is one of those little things that look like a votive candle and they run on a battery.  She likes those and they add a nice little glow to our room at night while we sleep. 

Orion and I are doing well without our big brofur.  I am actually coming out of my shell a bit more.  I am spending more time in the living room, especially by the fireplace, and I now make biscuits of happiness sometimes when Meowm scritches me!

My food dish was empty this morning around 4:30 so I let Meowm know that I was hungry.  I don't meow at her, I do that kind of hum/purr thing and that was enough to finally get her out of bed to put food in my dish.  Which I promptly ate some out of then covered it with the nearest rug.  I still feel the need to hide my foods so no other cat gets it.  meowm chuckles at me, and if I am having a hard time getting it covered, she will come cover it for me. 

Well, time to go nap!  I think I willcurl up on the big bed with Orion and snuggle in.

~~Sammy

13 Comments:

Blogger Random Felines said...

Sammy - tell your mom we understand that it takes time for everyone to grieve and it is ok. you and Orion be sure to take good care of her!!

January 28, 2013 12:50 PM  
Blogger Katnip Lounge said...

Sammy, we are glad that you are all adjusting, albeit at different rates. We're glad--everything takes time.

January 28, 2013 1:48 PM  
Blogger Katnip Lounge said...

Oh, and we love the sunlight shining through your ears!

January 28, 2013 1:48 PM  
Blogger Mr Puddy said...

Sammy, I would love to give your mom hugs. And give my best purring to comfort her.
xox

January 28, 2013 2:35 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

I still have punch in the gut moments about Whitey. For that matter, I still miss every one of all of my dogs since I first started having dogs in 1973. Especially my Ching. I loved them all, but he was something special, much like Whitey was something special.

So glad you're doing better and settling.

January 28, 2013 3:00 PM  
Blogger Remington said...

It takes time, my friend....things will get better.... AND....did you say SNOW? I am on my way!

January 28, 2013 3:16 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Snow and the two of woo would be just purrrrrrrfekht fur me *BURP*

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: 34 and rising here - heading to 50 and then 60 on Wednesday - my precious precious white!

January 28, 2013 3:16 PM  
Blogger Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Sammy, Binga makes that kind of purr too - my human calls it "extreme purring."

January 28, 2013 6:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Me is so happy that yous is coming out of yous shell and all of us is sending healing purrs to your Mommy. Let her know that we still gets a little weepy about Hissy Old Licorice,
Kisses,
Nellie, Kozmo, The Hairy Slibbery Sisters Bob and Cinnamon and Mommy

January 28, 2013 8:54 PM  
Blogger Angel Prancer Pie said...

We're glad to hear you're coming out of your shell more. It's ok if your Mommy is still sad sometimes. That just makes her human. Sending comforting thoughts and purrs. xoxo

January 28, 2013 9:52 PM  
Blogger GLOGIRLY said...

We're so sorry you're missing Junior. What a sweet thing to do with a candle each night.
xo & purrs,
Glogirly & Katie

January 29, 2013 4:59 PM  
Blogger The Florida Furkids said...

We know how hard it is to adjust when somebuddy leaves for the Bridge. Take your time and don't try to rush it or hold it in. (((Hugs)))

The Florida Furkids

January 29, 2013 8:15 PM  
Blogger Sasha said...

we are very happy that you are feeling more confident. We are also finding changes after the passing of our Guardian Diamond and my father Dawn.
Princess Aurora (Shubunkin)

January 31, 2013 1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home