2nd update on Junior
I went up to the vets office today, arrived about 11:45. Junior was hiding in the litterbox. I scooped him up and held him and held him. He was still running a fever and got to warm so I put him back in the cage. He laid on the cool metal, which is good. Then he got in the litterbox to poo, and this time he had dark stuff in it, along with blood and mucus. There was alot and he made a mess, so they cleaned it all up, and he went back to laying on the metal. I petted him and talked to him, and then he settled down. I left for lunch about 1:15 and returned at 2. He was still on the metal, which is good, but had used the bathroom again, this time not even trying to get up and move to the litterbox. Everything was cleaned up again, and he got a bit of a bath, then returned to the cage. He stepped back in the litterbox, but didn't stay there, was just in it long enough to get little stuck to him. I talked ot him and scritched his little face and just stayed nearby. Finally a little after 4 they came to take him for the ultrasound. About 45 minutes later the doctor came to talk to me. She told me the ultrasound person didn't think that he had cancer and doesn't think it is necessary to do any biopsies. the gastrointestinal tract is full and needs to move along, so medicine is being given to help with that. He thinks the current meds need to continue, but with more strength or quantity. He suggested giving him some pain meds and to give more anti-nausea medicine. Junior will also be getting an anti-inflammatory, just in case the gastrointestinal tract is inflamed. He won't be getting alot of anti-inflammatory, just a one time does to see if it helps. The doctor thinks she will have the vet techs try feeding him with a syringe to see if we can get some food down him. They will be checking his blood clot factor, because when I came back to see him after the ultrasound, not only was he back in the litterbox, but his nose was bleeding. I scooped him, semi-gooey, litter coated belly and all and just hugged him.
If there is no improvement in the next 48 hours, and nothing can be diagnosed, I will have to think about doing what I really don't want to do. I don't want him to suffer more than absolutely necessary. If he gets well enough to come home, I will be staying here for Christmas because I don't want to leave him for that long. There is a sitter coming, but I would rather be here and be able to monitor more. My Mom said that I am welcome to bring him with me, but I don't think the stress of the trip would be good for him and if he got sick again, having at a vets office who knew nothing of what had been going on would only be more stress that neither one of us would need to deal with.
For now, we wait, and pray and hope that the stronger, and more meds, start helping him.
Thank you all for your kind words and for your prayers, purrs and crossed paws. Please keep them up as we aren't out of the woods yet.