Thursday, July 03, 2008

Junior is still feeling poorly

From yesterday:

**It's about 8:45 p.m. now and Junior just threw up all the food he had throughout the day. Looks like he ate wet and dry. I had just given him his medicine, so I don't imagine any of that stayed in. It made him drool quite a bit before he threw up. Makes me want to not give him the medicine.**

This morning he ate a smidge of wet food (Fancy Feast), and wandered away. Then he came back, ate a bit of dry (RC Siamese), and wandered away. He laid on a blanket in the corner and I brought over some Natural food, he had about 10 pieces of that...a bit more of that one than of the other two. He sat in front of the litterbox this morning, looking at it like he wanted to go in, but didn't want to go in. He finally did go in and pee'd. I told him I would clean it up real good tonite~~because it is time and I wonder if the old litter is bothering him. He isn't up to playing with Orion, and doens't hesitate to let him know it when Orion tries to play. I can pet him a little, but for the most part he just wants to be left alone.

I am going to look for some natural wet food, and doulbe check with the vet to make sure they tested for a UTI. Past this, I have no idea what to do except pray. I am thankful that it is along weekend so I can stay close to home and monitor him.

Thank you all again for your thoughts and purrayers.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Junior. We sure hope you feel much better very soon.

July 03, 2008 8:17 AM  
Blogger Skeezix the Cat said...

Oh, Junior, I'd hoped to heer better nooz. Pleeze start gitting better.... today!

July 03, 2008 8:33 AM  
Blogger Spooky said...

Poor Junior! We need for you to regain your health and get back to your normal playful self! Treater and I will keep purraying for you!

July 03, 2008 8:36 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

I am so sorry Junior is still feeling poorly. I am still purring my hardest for him.

The carafate coats any stomach ulcers and soothes the digestive system. The metoclopramide (Reglan) treats vomiting and nausea.

July 03, 2008 8:38 AM  
Blogger Chrissie said...

I, too, am soo sorry Juniorbabee is feeling out of sorts..and hoping he'll keep his medicines down, for they will do him good if he can. Babyfood? Just a thought.

Purrrrrrrrrrrrsssss, Junior.

July 03, 2008 9:13 AM  
Blogger Jans Funny Farm said...

We send purrs and tail wags. Junior, please get well. We're all concerned about you and your mom is worried.

July 03, 2008 10:12 AM  
Blogger The Furry Kids said...

Oh, Junior! We are purring and purraying for you to feel lots better soon.

July 03, 2008 11:10 AM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

oh Junior, please start feeling better!!!

July 03, 2008 11:45 AM  
Blogger Spooky said...

Meowm,

I'm sure Junior's vet checked for any bowel obstructions or infections, but you might want to be sure. Skeeter, our adorable little blue point, was about 18 months old when she ingested a piece of string. We didn't realize it until a few days later when she nearly stopped eating, had trouble in the litter box, and would growl and hiss if anyone got near her belly. By the time the vet decided to operate, she had developed peritonitis and succumbed.

Spooky and I are praying for Junior's health and recovery.

~ Treater

July 03, 2008 1:14 PM  
Blogger Lux said...

Please feel better soon, Junior ...

Love,
Ninna (& Luxie & Silks)

July 03, 2008 1:18 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Junior, did you get any of my e-mails that I just sent about your new medicine? I keep getting an error message when I try to send, so I am not sure if any worked and I don't want you to end up with a squillion messages in your In box if I hit re-send again. Also I called you "Beezer" by accident (hangs head in shame). Please let me know if you did not get the e-mail, because there were some things I really wanted to tell you about the medicine.

July 03, 2008 2:14 PM  
Blogger Kavan said...

Oh Junior, I'm so sorry you are not feeling good! I'm purrin for you!

Kavan

July 03, 2008 3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home