Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Another update

I picked Junior up at the vet and we headed home. He wasn't very vocal again. We got home and he wandered around and checked the place out. I put some food out for him and he didn't eat it. I gave him a Temptation and he didn't eat it. He has visited the litterbox and now has a bit of diarrhea. I went and got in the bathtub, hoping he would come in and keep me company like he always does....and he didn't. He is sleeping right now. I am hoping he is a bit miffed at me for leaving him at the vet, and that they fed him quite well.....and that is why he is acting like he is.

I have two medicines to give him, carafate and metoclopramide. The vet did say that it might take him a couple of days to get back to normal eating.....I hope that is all it takes. If he doesn't eat in the morning I will be syringe feeding him.

I will keep everyone updated. Thanks for your concern, purrs and purrayers.

**It's about 8:45 p.m. now and Junior just threw up all the food he had throughout the day. Looks like he ate wet and dry. I had just given him his medicine, so I don't imagine any of that stayed in. It made him drool quite a bit before he threw up. Makes me want to not give him the medicine.**

9 Comments:

Blogger Lux said...

This is Luxie's mom:

Maybe he just needs some time for his tummy to settle down ... ? He probably wore himself out at the vet, too. I'm so sorry; I can imagine how you're feeling and we're sending lots of love and hugs and get well wishes.

July 02, 2008 8:55 PM  
Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh Junior! I am so sorry that you are not better yet. We are purring hard.

July 02, 2008 9:13 PM  
Blogger Team Tabby said...

We hope you feel better very soon, Junior.

purrs,
Mindy & Moe

July 02, 2008 9:49 PM  
Blogger Skeezix the Cat said...

Oh, Junior, pleeze pleeze pleeze git better!!!! We're purrayin and purrayin for yoo!

July 02, 2008 10:35 PM  
Blogger Moki The Wobbly Cat said...

We hope you start feeling better soon Junior. Has your bean tried giving you something like Kaopectolin? Little Kitty throws up alot and one of our vets recommended giving it to her awhile back. We gave it to her whenever she had throwing up fits and it seemed to help alot...

Purrs and Headbutts,
Moki

July 02, 2008 10:58 PM  
Blogger Mickey's Musings said...

Big purrs for you Junior!! I am so sorry you are sick. I hope you feel better soon.
Purrs Mickey

July 02, 2008 11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you start to feel better soon Junior. Sending love and big rumbly healing purrs :)

July 03, 2008 1:50 AM  
Blogger MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

This sucks Junior that you are home but not feeling your old normal self yet! I will keep you close in my heart and send you some tuna pufffffs and camomile tea...that always does the trick. Now you rest and take it easy. All will be well just like it was with me last year when I was not eating. Did the vet check you totally for all thingies that could maybe be making you sicky...blood stealing and that kinda stuff?
Soft hugs to you mommy Rhonda dear....

July 03, 2008 3:32 AM  
Blogger Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

Poor Junior! We are purring and purring that you feel better soon!

July 03, 2008 7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home