Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Update on Baby, she is at the vet

I was able to find a rescue organization (of one)today to help me with her. I left work at 1:30, scooped her up at home and this lady, Diane, met me at the vet. Diane scooped her right up and held her....and promptly said she is sick....and I said yes.
Meowm was able to post this last night on a couple of sites:

Baby is now named Lily. She is FIV, FELV negative. Her blood tests were okay, she has a respiratory infection and her urine has blood and protein in it. She had a seizure before I left and they think she ate something bad.....but they have no idea what. She wasn't dehydrated and was running a fever. They are going to keep her in isolation probably for a week. I will call on Wednesday to see how she is doing. If she survives I will take her back into my home and at least foster her. I am not sure how feral she might be....I am not sure if she will tame down enough to be able to adopt out to someone, but time will tell.

Right now I am heartbroken and exhausted....Junior decided he had to talk most of the night for some odd reason and I didn't get much sleep. However I am off to a friends house to see in the New Year rather than sit at home and worry.

Lets hope and pray that Baby/Lily survives to see a better year and a better life. Thank you all for your support....I would have been a bigger mess without it.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kimo and Sabi said...

Happy New Year and happier health!

January 01, 2008 1:13 PM  
Blogger Fat Eric said...

Happy New Year to you and your family! Hope your 2008 is great!

January 01, 2008 4:19 PM  
Blogger Just Ducky said...

Happy New Year. You guys have had all sorts of excitements. Hope things work out with Lily.

January 01, 2008 7:49 PM  
Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

I hope you are all doing well and we will purr for Baby.

January 01, 2008 9:15 PM  
Blogger Hot(M)BC said...

Happy Noo Yeer Junior. We will purr lots for Baby. And your Meowm too.
PURRRRRRRRRRS!

January 01, 2008 9:31 PM  
Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

I am very glad you found a rescue organization to help you with Lily. I hope that she recovers. You did a wonderful thing helping her out. *hugs* We will purr and pray for her.

Happy New Year Junior and all the best in 2008!

January 02, 2008 2:29 AM  
Blogger The Furry Kids said...

We are so glad that you found a rescue organization to help. I think Junior was talking so much because he's proud of you for helping Lily. (((hugs))) and purrs from all of us. We will keep Lily in our purrayers.

January 02, 2008 7:13 AM  
Blogger LZ said...

Happy New Year to you and your wonderful Meowm!

Latte

January 02, 2008 8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home