Thursday, September 21, 2006

She Who Came Before Me..

I could tell when I first came to my Meowmy that her heart had been very hurt. I could smell another meezer had been the house before me. Plus there were the tell-tail signs......brown fur (which, of course, I don't have), already slobbered on schmousies and feather toys, blankies with both brown fur and slobbers on them. So I knew there had been One Before Me. Sometimes Meowmy would be crying, holding this picture and talking to China. One night as Meowma was holding China's picture she told me about her.

China came to Meowma from a friend at work. They didn't want her anymore so Meowma said she would adopt her. China hid under the bed when she first got to Meowmas but it didn't take Meowma long to coax her out with some petting. It took China awhile to warm up to Meowma, but she did warm up to her. Meowma said that China purred alot, unlike me. And she meowed alot and loudly, unlike me. But Meowma loved her. They would play together and sleep together, and when Meowma moved, China took it in stride and settled into the new place very nicely. China also helped nurse Meowma back to health after she had an operation, and Meowma was very glad to have her there, along with my Grandmeowm and Grandpaw.

China was never sick, and on the night she went to the bridge, she was her normal self. Playing around and just being a happy meezer. Meowma said that China curled up next to her, had some troubles breathing, swatted at her head and broke one of her whiskers, meowed loudly and then she was gone. Meowma said she cried and cried cause she loved China so much and wanted her to stay, but it was her time to go.

It didn't take Meowma long to figure out that she wanted another meezer. She said at first that she wanted another Seal Point like China...but once she saw me, and saw that I had been in foster for two years....she knew that I needed a furever home. So here I am. She said that she loved China very, very much and that she loves me just as much. She also told me that no matter where she goes.....I go with her. She said she will never leave me behind or make me go back to rescue.

I wish I could have met China....but I just look at her picture...and sometimes Meowma still talks about her to me. So in honor of She Who Came Before Me....I will post a couple of pictures of her.

5 Comments:

Blogger Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

She was about 5 years old....quite young.

September 21, 2006 3:58 PM  
Blogger Nickie said...

I bet china has all the trash can goodies china wants now. China must of been super brave to be guarding the It from bed monsters even while dying!

September 21, 2006 6:43 PM  
Blogger Gemini said...

Momma was furry sad. It was furry hard for her to loose her first Meezer too. Once you have one, you can never go back to just an ordinary cat--but she still loves me.

September 22, 2006 9:59 AM  
Blogger Emma's Kat said...

How sad, but how sweet of you to post pictures of her Junior. So young she was! Did your Meowma ever find out what happened to her?

September 23, 2006 9:54 PM  
Blogger Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Emma's kat,

Meowma had a necropsy done on her and the vet couldn't find anything wrong. It wasn't a full necropsy (nothing was looked at in her head), just the belly area and heart area was checked and all that was fine. The vet says that strokes are common for cats, so that musta been what happened.

September 26, 2006 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home