Monday, September 25, 2006

I thought I was in serious trouble.....

I was laying on the bed with Meowmy this morning. I was laying up by her head and she was petting me. Ya know that really wonderful spot on your back by your tail? That spot that feels real good when your bean rubs it, but if they hit the wrong spot it kinda hurts? Yep...Meowmy was rubbing that spot and doing a good job....but then she hit that bad place. And without even thinking about it I scratched her. Usually I just mrrrow at her and she quits....but for some reason I did the scratch thing instead. And guess where I scratched her? No, not the eye. No, not the nose. Yep, I scratched her upper lip. Her hand went right off me and to her lip and all she said was "OK". She got up out of bed and went to the bathroom and looked at herself. She didn't say anything to me.....she didn't hit me (which I was very thankful for). She didn't speak to me for awhile. I was getting kinda worried so I started rubbing against her. I talked to her a bit in my most purrtiest voice and she reached down and petted me....Thank Goodness!

She went on about her business...ya know, the usual things she does in the morning. She petted me a couple more times and told me "no more butt rubs for you for awhile". I guess I can live that for "awhile". As long as that is not to long! Before she left, she picked me up and said "You have to learn to be careful where you scratch your Meowmy". I hope I can learn that...and I hope she can learn to not scratch that certain spot on my back...

5 Comments:

Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

you haf a good momma- she unnerstands that sometimes we can't help it when they hit the bad spot.

September 25, 2006 4:39 PM  
Blogger Just Ducky said...

You just reacted to touching in a sensitive spot. Try to growl first, the scratch. Mum does that too, and she knows when I growl it is time to leave me alone.

September 25, 2006 6:42 PM  
Blogger Rosie & Cheeto said...

Whew, close call Jr. Luks like yoo and hur have a lurning curve to deal with...no scratching and no touching in that bad spot.

Yoo have a grate mom fur her to know bettur than to hit yoo. My lady says she hates it when peeple hit thair dogs or cats. It doesnt teech us not to do that actshun again, it onlie teeches us to be scared of thair hand.

September 25, 2006 8:47 PM  
Blogger Gemini said...

Yeah, your Momma can't help it. And you couldn't help it either to just react. Sometimes that bad spot just happens. Georgia used to just bite and hold and she'd bite really really hard. She said Momma used to get kinda upset with her but found that if she was just still eventually Georgia would let go.

September 26, 2006 9:42 AM  
Blogger LZ said...

Sometimes we just get over stimulated and stuff happens. Its a good thing your Meowmy loves you a lot, she would never hurt you, she knew it was an accident.

September 26, 2006 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home