Monday, July 12, 2010

Meezer Monday

Honey the Great Dane, tagged us to play
Frankies Name Game.



Several years ago, Meowm got her first Meezer (Siamese), a Seal Point named China. Meowm adored China, and China adored Meowm. They would talk to each other, and China would let Meowm rub her tummy. China would lay on Meowms chest every night before going to sleep to get her scritches. Once she had her fill of scritches, she would curl up on the big bed right next to Meowm.

One night in November of 2005, China crossed the bridge very suddenly. Meowm was devastated. Even if she had been able to get China to the v-e-t on the nasty, snow covered roads, nothing could have been done for China. Meowm cried and cried, but knew within days that she needed another Meezer to adopt her.

Meowm searched around locally, but didn't find a Meezer she could connect to. She did some search online and found the Siamese Internet Cat Club. Here she found Meezer lovers galore, and she also found a link to Siamese Rescue. Meowm was in heaven!!!

At first Meowm really wanted another Seal Point Meezer, but then she saw my face, and saw that I had been in the rescue for two years. Well, right then and there she decided that it was time for me to have my furever home. She filled out all the paperwork and was approved. I was in the Dever area, so Meowm had to figure out how to get me home. She got lucky, and some Meezer Transport volunteers decided they would bring me to Rawlins, Wyoming, and Meowm would drive there to meet them to pick me up.

So on a rather chilly day in January, Meowm and a friend of hers hopped in the metal machine with wheels and set off to bring me home. It was pretty snowy in some parts of Wyoming, and cold in all parts, but Meowm was determined. Shortly after lunch time, Meowm got to the truck stop where the volunteers, and I, awaited.

I was in a carrier, sitting on the floor. I kept seeing all kinds of humans walk by, and could smell some really good foods, but no one was giving me any. Purrty soon, this lady knelt down and looked right at me. She told me hello and told me she was my new Meowm. I was a bit bewildered by all that was going on, but was happy to hear that I had a new Meowm.

After a meal for Meowm and her friend, my carrier was picked up and we went back to the same machine with wheels I had been in. I was let out of the carrier to "do my business", but I was more interested in investigating. I sniffed around a bit, and Meowm scooped me up and hugged me. It was wonderful! Next I was loaded into a bigger carrier, and put into a smaller metal machine on wheels. Once we had been on the road a little ways, Meowm let me out of the carrier and I had full run of the metal machine on wheels. I sniffed everthing out and finally settled in the back window.

It was a long day, but once we finally stopped, I was taken into a new home. It was small, but I had been living with a boy in his room, cause I would bully the other cats in the house. I immediately checked out the enitre place, then set about filling up my tummy with foods and finally "doing my business". I slept on the big bed that night, and have done so every night since.

So on to the business of my name. Meowm has no idea where my name came from. I was rescued from a small hoarder, and had come into the rescue with another Meezer. I had a debut on TV one day to see if I could get adopted. Meowm used to have that segment, but it has been lost in the computer shuffle. Several humans asked Meowm if she was going to change my name, and she told them no, it was the one he came with and the one he is used to. So I have stayed Junior, although I have nicknames just like any of the rest of you. My most recent one is Grumpybutt or Handsome Man.

So, now you all know my story! Feel free to play the name game, and add how you came to your home if you want to!

12 Comments:

Blogger Kea said...

That's a wonderful, feel-good, teary-eyed story, Junior! We're glad you found your forever home, after so long waiting!

July 12, 2010 11:06 AM  
Blogger JC said...

WOW ... I had no idea your Mom rescued like that. I am so glad she did !!!

My first cat was all black but sang like crazy. Followed me everywhere and asked me where I'd been. I named him Satchmo.

His Mom was a sealpoint Siamese and Dad ... well, he must have been a black kitty.

He started my love of Siamese ...

July 12, 2010 11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww, what a good story! so happeh your mommeh gaved you your furrever home.

July 12, 2010 1:00 PM  
Blogger SeaThreePeeO said...

Wow! what a great post about your rescue and adoption!

July 12, 2010 1:16 PM  
Blogger The Creek Cats said...

Junior we love the story of how you came to choose your mom and the story of your name. You are very lucky to get out of the hoarding situation and into a wonderful forever home.

Our mom's friend does Siamese Rescue here in NC. In fact, her husband transported one of the foster kittens (not our meezers) to VA this morning for her.

July 12, 2010 1:25 PM  
Blogger Remington said...

Beautiful story -- thank you for sharing!

July 12, 2010 1:37 PM  
Blogger Katnip Lounge said...

That's a wonderful story, Junior! We are so happy you found your forever Mom. And we really think your name suits you; we see why it stuck!

July 12, 2010 2:02 PM  
Blogger 3 doxies said...

Awwwwwe, dat was a beautiful story. I am awfully sad you hads to stay in rescue fur such a long time. But, somebuddy had plans fur you to go to your most pferfect home and they had to wait fur your meowm to find you.

Preacher Puddles...long story

July 12, 2010 3:07 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Of khourse woo know how we love tales like this!

Thanks fur sharing!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

July 12, 2010 9:05 PM  
Blogger Banana and Cheese said...

Junior, we love your nicknames. Glad you found your Meowm and decided to adopt her!

July 13, 2010 10:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh that's a great story, Junior! I'm so glad you guys are playing this game because although I've known you for a while now, I never knew all this background about you and it's so interesting! :-)

But you didn't explain the "Babee" part of your name?

And hey - you know - I never knew what "Meezer" stood for! of course, I'd seen the word on your site lots of times but never really understood what it was - now I'll know another of your special words, just like "bean" and "meowm"! :-)

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane
ps. can I ask you a question? I hope you don't think I'm rude - I don't mean to be! - but you don't look like the kind of Siamese cats I know - they are sort of a lot slimmer with more pointy faces and eyes...are there different kinds of Siamese?

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

July 13, 2010 3:59 PM  
Blogger dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

What a happy ending for you all!!

July 14, 2010 4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home