Friday, July 09, 2010

Finally Friday!!!!

Honey the Great Dane, tagged us to play
Frankies Name Game.



So we will start with me, Orion! I will just go ahead and tell you how I came to adopt Meowm. She was leaving work one day, rather late, and she saw me hanging around the building she had just walked out of. She was already in that metal box with wheels, but got out and came over to me. I walked over to her and started rubbing all over her. (I knew as soon as she got out she was mine). She scritched my ears and I started purring and purring, and talking to her. Next thing I knew she had scooped me up and was snuggling me. She scritched on my paws and noticed that I had no claws. Then she looked at me and said "this won't do, but I have no carrier to take you home in tonite". I couldn't believe it when she got back in that metal box on wheels and left me!!! I found a warm place to bed down that night, but hung around so that if I saw her again, I could work my charm on her some more. Well, the next morning I was meowing up a storm all over the place, telling her I was around and to come see me. She didn't show up for awhile, and when she did, someone else had safely ensconced me in a nice warm room. That other person was very nice, but I was especially happy to see Meowm again. She scooped me up, and put me in another little box and tucked me inside the metal machine with wheels. She then opened up the smaller box, and lo and behold, there was food and water for me!!!!! I was warm, comfy and had food and water!!! It was wonderful!!! Throughout the day I napped and Meowm came out to check on me, and other people came to see me too. Then about mid afternoon, Meowm jumped in that metal box on wheels and we went for a trip. On this trip, Meowm started mulling over names. She wanted something to do with orange, since that is my color, so she ticked off a bunch of names: Tigger and Pumpkin were to often used. OJ just had connotations she didn't want attached to me. So she settled on an O name......Orion. And that is how I got my name. Oh, and the place we were going, yep, you guessed it, the v-e-t! I got poked and prodded and blood stole and tests taken, and I was declared healthy! Meowm scooped me up, put me back in the little box, and back in the metal box with wheels. After another trip, we ended up in what is now my home. I smelled another cat right away, but I didn't get to meet him. I was taken into a room of my own, with my own food dishes and my own litterbox! For the next week, Meowm rotated me in the little room and my brother in the little room. When my brother was in the little room, I got to roam all over the rest of the house...it was so wonderful! Sometimes Meowm would let us both be out in the big room, but I had to stay in my little box when that happened. But it wasn't for long periods, and Meowm would always turn my box so I could see outside. Finally one night, after about 6 days, Meowm let me out of the little box into the big room, and my brother was in there too! We were already purrty used to each other, so there was no whapping or hissing. And from that night forward, we have both roamed the house and shared everything. Meowm said she was going to find me another home, but I knew that I had adopted her and she would see the light soon enough. And she did, she fell in love with me and wouldn't trade me for anything! Nor would I trade her!

Stay tuned on Monday for Junior's Name story.

11 Comments:

Blogger Kea said...

Orion, that's a great story of how you came to live with your mom and how you got your name! :-)

July 09, 2010 10:21 AM  
Blogger Remington said...

What a great story! Thanks for sharing! Have a fun weekend!

July 09, 2010 12:14 PM  
Blogger 3 doxies said...

HA, I thought you was gonna tells us some story bout a night you followed da Star Orion home...hehehehe..okays, It's very obvious you was prolly somebuddy's pet at one time with being declawed and all...dontcha think?
Dat bes very smart of meowm to rotate you guys at at da beginning. Persoanlly, my mum woould haves never thought bout dat. Great story. Tell Junior we be waiting fur his on monday.
Puddles

July 09, 2010 12:26 PM  
Blogger 3 doxies said...

I'm baaaaack...every doxie mum has had has burrowed EXCEPT fur Whitney and Albert cuz they be long hairs. It's a doxie thing.
We've nevers seen da Harry Potter movies so we clueless now
Puddles

July 09, 2010 12:30 PM  
Blogger Katnip Lounge said...

That is a wonderful story! It's funny how we kitties do the choosing yet the Beans think THEY made the desicion...all part of our world domination scheme!

We are happy you have such a great Name and a wonderful Mom.

July 09, 2010 2:59 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Ahhhhhhh!

Woo spotted a good one!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

July 09, 2010 5:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Orion - what a great story! I could picture it all just as you were telling it! :-)

You know, my humans did wonder if you were named after that orange cat in Men In Black - you know, the one who had a collar with a little ball dangling from it which contained a whole universe? "Orion's Belt" It just seemed such a coincidence coz that cat was orange and looked a lot like you!

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

July 10, 2010 3:05 AM  
Blogger Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Great story Orion!!!

July 10, 2010 3:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Orion, we enjoyed hearing your story, especially because we knew it had a Happy Ending!

July 10, 2010 5:16 AM  
Blogger Just Ducky said...

Loved to read your story. It is good you picked a great lady to be your mum.

July 10, 2010 5:17 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Thanks for sharing your story with us, Orion!

July 11, 2010 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home