Thursday, March 27, 2008

Stray kitty at Meowms work



Meowm: Crap, crap, crappity, crap, crap, crap, CRAP!!!!

Me: What are you crapping about Meowm?

Meowm: There was a very nice kitty outside the building at work yesterday. He talked to me and rubbed against me.

Me: He did what!!??

Meowm: Calm down Junior.....you know you are my one and only.

Me: Okay, I am calm.

Meowm: We have several kitties around work, cause we are in an industrial section of town, beans drop off unwanted cats there.

Me: THEY DO WHAT???!!!

Meowm: I know Junior.....there are some bad beans out there. I think that is what happened to this kitty. He was just to nice to have been a feral kitty.

Me: What's a feral kitty Meowm?

Meowm: A feral kitty is one that has never had a home. A feral kitty is basically wild and beans have a hard time getting near them. The kitties on the porch that we feed are ferals.

Me: Oh, okay.....so this kitty wasn't a feral?

Meowm: Nope! He let me pick him up and pet him. He also doesn't have any claws.

Me: No claws!!! NO CLAWS!!!!! How could a bean do that to him!!!???

Meowm: Unfortunately it happens.

Me: He has no way to defend himself!!!!!

Meowm: I know Junior. I am gonna take the PTU to work and hopefully I can find a shelter to take him in. He needs a bath and a v-e-t visit to check his health. He is a bit spooky, but he should warm right back up to beans real easy. I just hope he hangs around.

Me: Me too! He really needs a good home.

Meowm: Crap, crap, crappity, crap, crap, CRAP!!

Me: Now what?

Meowm: I forgot that I had food in the car!!! I could have fed him and that would have maybe helped him stick around! Crap, Crap, CRAP!!!!!!

Me: Oh Meowm.....it's okay. We will purray that he is still around today.

Meowm: Crap, crap, crap!! I should have tucked him in the car and brought him home last night!!

Me: Meowm you didn't know how he would react in the car, and we have no place to keep him here. If our house and your bank book were as large as your heart you could bring home all kinds of kitties. Unfortunately, it is just your heart that is huge.

Meowm: Awwwww Junior, thank you. I love you.

Me: I love you to Meowm.

***UPDATE***
Meowm has the kitty in the PTU and in her car. The kitty has eaten some food and had some water. Meowm will call the lady that helped her with Baby Lily and see about getting this one in to the v-e-t to get checked out. Then Meowm has a friend back home that has been thinking getting a kitty, but wants a declawed one. Hopefully Meowms friend is ready and will take in this kitty.

13 Comments:

Blogger meemsnyc said...

Oh Junior, you have nothing to worry about. Beans have lots of love in their hearts for many kitties.

March 26, 2008 9:35 PM  
Blogger Motor Home Cats said...

We think your mommy does have a big heart. Our mommy does too, but she realizes that she can't afford to take in all the kitties she wants too - We hope the other kitty is still there tomorrow.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

March 26, 2008 10:02 PM  
Blogger monkeybunkey said...

You have a Mommy with a Hugantic heart! That's very fortunate Junior. I think we all wish we could save them all.

Monkeyloves to U & Mommy

March 26, 2008 11:44 PM  
Blogger michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I am so glad you with your mommy, Junior~
You deserved to be loved and spoiled~!!! You are the one and the only to your mommy!

March 27, 2008 1:48 AM  
Blogger GorgeousOnLife said...

Your mom does have a huge heart! Hope all goes well getting that kitty a new home...

Claws aren't just for self-defense, no! I use mine when I want attention. A quick swipe at the Lazy Boy in the living room gets me instant attention. (And sometimes a trip outside) :)

March 27, 2008 6:50 AM  
Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh Junior, that is wonderful of your Mom. That is one lucky cat to have found her. I hope that her friend is ready!

March 27, 2008 9:08 AM  
Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

How wonderful that your mom rescued that kitty, Junior! We hope he finds a wonderful Forever Home.

It is very sad that some humans are so cruel and mean to just drop off animals like that. :(

March 27, 2008 9:14 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

It makes me very mad that somebody would declaw a cat, and then leave it outside to fend for itself. Thank goodness your mom was there to help him. I hope he finds a forever home!
Your mom has a very big heart.

March 27, 2008 9:21 AM  
Blogger Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

I am glad you Mom has the kitten in the PTU and has fed it, especially if it has no claws and can't defend itself. BTW: I found out that declawed cats may develop something like carpal tunnel syndrome in humans. It's not common, but it does happen.

March 27, 2008 9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Purrrrrrs for your mom! That poor kitty! We sure hope your mom's friend will want to give the kitty a home. Our Lady has a kitty friend outside who's a feral who just turned up about a month ago. Now he/she waits for her by the sidewalk every morning at 6:30 and every night at 7. Our Lady has a bag of cat food in her car and puts a pile of it on the sidewalk, then moves far enough away for the kitty to come and eat without being scared. Kitty won't let her get any closer than about 6 feet, but he/she talks to her all the time.

March 27, 2008 2:15 PM  
Blogger Rosemary B❤️ said...

I am purring that the friend is ready for this wonderful kitty to comeinto her heart!
Junior you mom is a sweetheart, give her a sandpapery kiss from me
princess

March 27, 2008 5:14 PM  
Blogger caspersmom said...

Oh I am so glad your Mom got the kitty. I also hope your Mom's friend will take the kitty. Sounds like you have a special Mom helping out other cats. We live in a place where people like to dump animals. Mom had to take two precious pups to the animal shelter a long time ago as we couldn't keep them. It is so sad some people don't take responsibility for animals.

Casper

March 27, 2008 9:15 PM  
Blogger Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Oh Junior! Your meowm is a super bean for sure. Don't worry, you will always be the #1 in her heart!

March 28, 2008 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home