Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Please purr this boy across the bridge...




Meowm here:

He is one of the ferals I took care of. A well meaning neighbor coaxed him into his house and he tried to tame him. It wasn't working and the neighbors sister and him tried to get him outside to let him loose. When that failed the sister called the Humane Society. The neighbor has issues...I am not sure what they are....so the sister probably was just taking over, thinking she was doing the best thing. Anyway, I am certain this guy was PTS. He was a feral and the Humane Society would not have tried to do anything for him. I am so disappointed...if I had known I would have paid for his neuter and had him returned here to the complex. Part of me is thankful that he doesn't have to get through another winter outside, but I am also very sad because he didn't have to be PTS....there were other options. He was a sweet boy and I am very sorry that he is gone.

I believe he was the brother to Baby Lily, so at least they are together now.

13 Comments:

Blogger mister jeter harris, hizself said...

i am purrin ... an i am sad.
luv--jh

October 14, 2008 8:35 PM  
Blogger michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

This is a very very sad news, Oah NO~

October 14, 2008 8:47 PM  
Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh that is sad to hear. You did try your best to help this kitty out.

October 14, 2008 10:04 PM  
Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

That is very sad. Sending purrs your way. You helped him have a better life than many ferals, even if it ended too soon.

October 15, 2008 3:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, no. We are very sad to hear this. We hope he has all the sunbeams he could ever want at the Bridge.

October 15, 2008 4:42 AM  
Blogger Spooky said...

Oh...so sad. I'm purring.

October 15, 2008 4:54 AM  
Blogger Maggie May said...

We are very sad......we will be purring for him!
~Maggie May and The Creek Cats~

October 15, 2008 7:15 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

That is a very sad story. I wish we could save every cat in the world. He does look a lot like Baby Lily. I think she will be there to welcome him to the Bridge.

October 15, 2008 10:59 AM  
Blogger The Furry Kids said...

Oh, man. We are so sad. :(
(((hugs))) and purrs to your mom.

October 15, 2008 11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sad story. I will purr my hardest for this feral fella.

It's tragic when people don't understand about ferals. He was a lovely cat.

October 16, 2008 10:57 AM  
Blogger LZ said...

That is very sad and we wish more people were educated about these things.

Latte

October 16, 2008 1:44 PM  
Blogger Sparky said...

Hey, I hear you have experience with kitty asthma. If you get a chance can you email me? Or leave me your contact information on my blog.

My little kitten has it, although mildly, and wanted to get some input from you.

October 16, 2008 3:22 PM  
Blogger Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

That is very sad. Your mom did what she could. He's safe and warm now.

Purrs to you guys and your mom.

~Shade and Goldie

October 18, 2008 4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home