Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What a great long weekend!



Junior here~

We had a great long weekend! We were lucky and our time spent with Meowm was even longer than for some. Course she didn't feel so good for a good portion of that.

It was wonderful having her here for most of Thursday and Friday, even if she did sleep alot. I love napping with Meowm. She pets on me, then leaves her hand on me....I guess to make sure I am staying with her. I truly believe me napping with her helps her sleep better and I KNOW it helped her start feeling better.

There was lots of playing with my new brother...yes I admit he is my new brother, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I will be minding my business and all of sudden I am pounced on! Course, then I have to wrassle and kick his butt! We twist and tumble and put the bitey on each other. Inevitably Orion runs into the tents to "hide out" for a bit. I know he has to gather his wits and plan what to do next cause I am always getting the better of him.

It has been great because I don't get in trouble in the morning for wanting to be fed. I mean, Meowm thinks it is early, but really is 4 in the morning that early? I think not! But I am not the one who gets growled at and ignored anymore. I just keep sleeping and let Orion dig his own grave-so to speak. I know Meowm will get up when she is good and ready and feed us~~but I can't help admire the trouble Orion gives Meowm.

I do get a little annoyed when the brat sucks up to Meowm by laying in her lap. It ins't in my nature to do this and Meowm loves it so on one paw I am glad he does it and saves me the hassle of being held on Meowms lap. But at the same time, I get kinda jealous cause there he is, and he looks so comfy.

We have had quite a bit of water fall from the sky these last few days. It has kept it from being to warm and has made it so Meowm will open the big sliding window. I love that window being open...I can make sure the porch cats are behaving and check out the smells of the outdoors!

I am off to nap some more now. I can't wait till Meowm crawls in bed again so I can nap with her!

15 Comments:

Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

I hope your person is feeling better Junior. You are a kind and generous cat to be making the best of living with Orion. I am not sure I would tolerate another cat. Oh who am I kidding--I prefer cats to people!

May 26, 2008 9:22 PM  
Blogger Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

You are being so patient with Orion. That is good of you, even though I know you want to wring the livin' poop out of him sometimes.

~Shade

May 27, 2008 4:20 AM  
Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Junior, we are glad to hear you had a good long weekend with your mom. We hope she is feeling better. It's too bad you aren't a lap cat, we both love sitting in laps! It's the best thing ever!

May 27, 2008 7:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am glad you guys had a good weekend. Is your Mum feeling any better? I hope she gets better very soon.

Junior, you are being such a good brother to Orion, you should be very proud of yourself.

May 27, 2008 10:04 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful long weekend. I enjoy sleeping-time with my Mommie the best. You are a good big brother.

May 27, 2008 10:07 AM  
Blogger LZ said...

I'm glad Orion is a lap cat, I think that works out well for everyone! Its very nice that you had your mom around for the weekend.

Kaze

May 27, 2008 10:31 AM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

it sounds like you hadded a nice snuggly weekend. we is glad that your mom is feeling better. 4am? that's kind of late if you ask me. - Sammy

May 27, 2008 11:54 AM  
Blogger The Furry Kids said...

We hope your mom is feeling better! Happy napping to all of you!

May 27, 2008 2:46 PM  
Blogger Jans Funny Farm said...

We hope your mom feels better. Maybe it would help if you curled in her lap too?

{{{{Hugs}}}} in memory of Bonnie Underfoot.

May 27, 2008 4:50 PM  
Blogger Chrissie said...

My mom was a little under the weather, too, so I got to hang with her a lot. You keep Orion straight, Junior..he needs the benefit of your greater wisdom!

May 27, 2008 7:07 PM  
Blogger Quasi said...

Little brothers can come in very, very handy (or would that be paw-y)when you've made some mischief. Your mom will always blame the inexperienced baby instead of the mature, golden cat that you are! I hope your mother feels better.

May 27, 2008 9:07 PM  
Blogger Lux said...

I hope your mom's feeling better real soon, Junior. And that you had a nice long nap with her.

Ninna sends smoochies and such,
Luxie

May 27, 2008 10:13 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Well, let me tell you, it doesn't get much better as they get older... Kavan still does drive-by pounces!

Tara

May 27, 2008 11:06 PM  
Blogger Moki The Wobbly Cat said...

Three day weekends are the greatest! We are so glad to hear that you got to spend lots of time with your bean!

May 28, 2008 12:30 AM  
Blogger Motor Home Cats said...

We are glad to hear that your mom is feeling better. It was nice that you got an extra few days with her, even if she wasn't feeling well. We like to sleep with our mom too when she is sick, but we have to sleep between her legs always.

Keep the healing purrs going for your mom so she doesn't have a relapse.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

May 28, 2008 1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home