Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sammy Thursday



Meowm took me back to the v-e-t last night. I wasn't happy to be put in the PTU. Last time I was very quiet in the PTU, but this time I let my feelings be known. I tried and tried to get out, but my claws of doom just weren't quite sharp and strong enough.

Once we got to the v-e-t, I didn't want to come out of the PTU! I knew yucky things were going to happen, even though Meowm assured me nothing bad would happen. I was right! It wasn't bad having my mouth looked at, which had healed up wonderfully, but I ended up having things poked in my ears! Two times in each one! Then yucky stuff got put down my throat! The only saving grace for this trip was I didn't get the you know what stuck up you know where.

I got settled in back home and was just calming down from my ordeal when along comes Meowm and puts more stuff in my ears! She put that stuff in there, then rubbed and rubbed, and then I finally got to shake my head! I couldn't shake it hard enough to get all that stuff out! Then along came Meowm again with these things that look like little tiny clouds. Meowm rubbed one around in each of my ears, and then finally left me alone! I'm going to have to watch her closely these next few days to make sure she doesn't sneak up on me with anymore gunk for my ears!

Meowm here: Sammy ended up with a cleaning solution and two antibiotics. The cleaning solution and one antibiotic for his ears and the other antibiotic for his sneezing. I also got some ointment for Junior's eyes, as he is having some gunk come out of one of them, I believe from Sammy sneezing. Sammy also got a supplement which I rub on his fur and he grooms it away. Poor guy. I hope he gets all better soon!

12 Comments:

Blogger Random Felines said...

Poor baby - it can be tough to come in from the outdoors only to be "tortured" by the well meaning people...we are sure he will be OK in no time!

November 17, 2011 2:04 PM  
Blogger Callie (a.k.a. Trouble) said...

Sammy - I know that you do not like the ear drops(who would?)but they are helping. Mommie told me that the cat before me had to get ear drops alot, she always hated it, but they helped her feel better.

November 17, 2011 2:12 PM  
Blogger Fuzzy Tales said...

Sammy, we're sorry you're being "tortured" so much. We hope all this helps you feel terrific, though! And hey, maybe you can get extra treats out of it, to make up for the ordeal.

November 17, 2011 3:21 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Awe .. I hope his ears are better soon. My Purr Gang do not like meds of any sort.

November 17, 2011 4:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Sammy,
Peoples always think they knows better than us cats! But sometimes they are right! Yous knows, when your ears get better, they don't bother yous and yous don't has to have the yucky stuff aany more.
Kisses
Nellie

November 17, 2011 4:17 PM  
Blogger Admiral Hestorb said...

Sammy I am so so so sorry you are having to go thru this but bad as it is..you will feel so much better darling oy. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

November 17, 2011 5:13 PM  
Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh dear. He sounds like he does okay with it--and not all cats do! Poor guy.

November 17, 2011 5:20 PM  
Blogger Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We hope ya have recovered from the vet visit by now! We agree it is awful. Purrs of forgetting the poking to you...

November 17, 2011 8:33 PM  
Blogger Angel Prancer Pie said...

Oh my cat! Sounds like you had a hard day! You deserve sum snuggles and treats after that ordeal. xoxo

November 17, 2011 10:03 PM  
Anonymous Sparkle said...

Sammy, I am purring that you feel better very soon, and that once all this is over, it will be a good, long time before you have to go back to the vet!

November 17, 2011 10:24 PM  
Blogger dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Purring for you my friend, that you feel better soon.

November 18, 2011 2:45 AM  
Blogger Katnip Lounge said...

Sammy, look at it this way: at least you have a home, a mommy, and brofurs! Ear squirties are nothing compared to all those good things. Well, *almost* nothing.

November 18, 2011 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home