Thursday, September 08, 2011

Thankful Thursday!!



Well, I got loaded up in the PTU last night and off we went in the big machine on wheels to the v-e-t. I was not a happy camper! However, once I saw my v-e-t it was evident that some other critter was even less happy than I was! She had a black eye and stitches below her eyebrow. Apparently a woofie was a bit upset and she paid the price. Ouch!

I was very nervous to be at the v-e-t.....I was shaking! Meowm felt real bad the the v-e-t lady was very nice to me. I got scooped up and taken to the back room where they took pictures of my insides. It is official now, I have asthma. I had been having some attacks again, and Meowm was very concerned, so now we know.

Meowm wanted to do an inhaler, but they are $100! EEEKKK!!! Why is it so many green papers to take care of us??? Anyway, Meowm deicded we would start with pills (yuck) and see how those work. She just has to figure out a way to get them down me.

I got two shots too! But at least I didn't get anything put up my you know what!

So what am I thankful for today, besides not agetting anything put up myyou know what? Well, now we know for certain and I can stay on medicines and get better. No more asthma attacks. And Meowm didn't get mad at me when she discovered I had peed in the carrier. Yep, I was that nervous! Luckily Meowm had put a towel in the carrier, so the pee didn't get all of the seat of the new machine on wheels.

In Sammy news, he is quite happy to come inside, and he wants to come in after Meowm gives him food in the mornings, but Meowm doesn't have time before going to work, so that has to wait till the weekend. And he won't be able to see the v-e-t till the end of October now. We hope he stays okay till then.

Meowm still doesn't know if Sammy will come in full time, but at the very least she hopes to be able to keep him in at night during the nasty winter.

9 Comments:

Blogger The Florida Furkids said...

We're glad things turned out so well at the V-E-T's office. We're sorry you were so scared, but we understand how you felt!

The Florida Furkids and Angel Sniffie

September 08, 2011 9:45 AM  
Blogger Random Felines said...

Yikes - but better to know that wonder. Hopefully your mom can get some of those pill pockets - they even work on Ivy. :)

September 08, 2011 11:14 AM  
Blogger Brian's Home Blog said...

At least you know what it is. My Sister Gracie has asthma too, and it is real scary when she has an attack. We do have an inhaler for her. Good luck with the pills my friend!

September 08, 2011 12:16 PM  
Anonymous Sparkle said...

The inhaler is expensive enough - the actual asthma medication is out of control!!! My human priced it because the vet thought I may have a touch of asthma. She wound up opting for pills.

September 08, 2011 3:58 PM  
Blogger Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

When we have ta take pills, TBT crushes them an mixes the powder with cream cheese. He smears that on our lips an we HAVE ta lick it all clean!

But ask the vet, cuz TBT thinks SOME pills shouldnt be crushed cuz of special coatings.

September 08, 2011 4:07 PM  
Blogger Angel Prancer Pie said...

We are glad you are doing better! We actually did not know that kittehz haf asthma! Purrs.

September 08, 2011 5:40 PM  
Blogger Just Ducky said...

Mum says to crush the pill and mix it with a very small amount of tuna.

September 08, 2011 7:07 PM  
Blogger Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Asthma? Wow, I didn't know us kitties could have that condition. Good luck with your new meds!

September 09, 2011 2:19 AM  
Blogger Admiral Hestorb said...

Try the Greenies Pill pockets.

September 09, 2011 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home