Friday, August 29, 2008

Friends Friday



Meowm got to meet a friend face to face for the first time on Wednesday. She left work early and drove to a place called Idaho Falls to meet up with the guy she wrote to during Desert Storm. She was incredibly happy to finally be able to meet him!

I , on the other hand, was not happy that she was gone overnight...and I showed her how unhappy I was by yakking up a nice big mess for her to clean! When Orion crawled in her lap last night......and she accidentally brushed against MY tummy.....I bit her! That will teach her!!!! My brother was no help in teaching her a lesson....he could hardly wait to get into her lap.......he is such a Meowms boy!

Everyone have a GREAT weekend!!

*****Since you asked Jeter*****

Meowm here: Yes this was the first time we had met face to face. I lost touch with him after Desert Storm ended..then around the time of 9-11 I ran across his letters and started wondering how he was doing. I called the base he was stationed at during Desert Storm and they directed me to the "National Locator" base. From there they figured out what his rank would have been at the time and found a guy who matched. I had to send a SASE and a letter explaining what I was asking for. then they sent me the address to the base he was currently at. So I sent a letter to him at that base, not knowing if I for certain had the correct guy. It turns out I did and we have been emailing fairly regularly since 2001. We exchanged pictures and have had a few phone calls, but he is on the East Coast, and I am in Utah so getting together didn't work out to well. He was as close as Las Vegas one time, but that is still 7 hours away. We were chatting the other day and I learned he would be in Idaho Falls and that is 3 hours away, so we decided to meet. I didn't know when, or if, we would get this chance again. So I took some time off from work, drove up on Wednesday and arrived around 3, and left there at 9 the next morning. It wasn't a long visit but at least we finally got to meet face to face. It was wonderful to see him and get to sit down and chat with him. He really is quite an amazing man, very nice and gentlemanly toward me. It is one of the moments in life that I will treasure forever!

****and there you have it Jeter. If you have any questions feel free to email me at juniorbabeeAThotmailDOTcom.****

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger LZ said...

That is wonderful she could meet her friend! It must have been very special.

Kaze

August 29, 2008 9:10 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Meeting new friends is very wonderful!

August 29, 2008 10:08 AM  
Blogger Lux said...

That's so great that your meowm got to meet in person someone she was already friends with!

Teehee about the biting, Junior ...

August 29, 2008 12:04 PM  
Blogger mister jeter harris, hizself said...

i wish we cood heer all abowt da meetin.
did wuz da first time dey met face-to-face? it musta been verree eksitin.
luv--jh

August 29, 2008 1:34 PM  
Blogger mister jeter harris, hizself said...

dat iz fantastic! i'm glad he wuzza gentleman.
i'm on da east coast ... so anytime u wanna get togedder again, u can stay heer wid me in noo york.
thank u fer sharin dat wid me.
luv--jh

August 29, 2008 4:21 PM  
Blogger Parker said...

How exciting for yor Mommy. It is great to meet friends and get to know them face-to-face!

August 30, 2008 6:39 AM  
Blogger MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Dear Rhonda! I have been thinking about you all day today...you never cease to amaze me with your good heart and your kindness! I am sorry you are still in so much pain with your shoulder...
Just know that I felt specially close to you today for what that might mean...
Soft hugs and sorry Junior was testy...
XOXOXOX Karla & Miss Peach

August 31, 2008 1:17 AM  
Blogger Southbaygirl said...

Thanks for sending purrs to Winton! He and mom really appreciate it!!

Kodak, Winton, 3 Perf and Blossom

August 31, 2008 12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home