Wednesday, August 13, 2014

My Sweet Orion



Meowm here:

I have been concerned about Orion this week. His ears have been very red and quite warm, but he seems to be doing better.  But in watching him closely I am made more aware of how incredible he is.

Orion is my Momma's kitty.  He wants to be near me at almost all times.  If I get up and go somewhere, he almost always follows me.  He spends most every night in bed with me.  If I go sit on the porch and leave him inside, he sits at the screen and meows for me.  While I am watching TV, which I do on the computer, he spends most of his time on the desk right in front of the screen.  Occasionally he will go somewhere else and lay down but keeps me in view.

When I go to bed he is right there beside me.  He lays on a pillow up near my head.  Close enough that I can pet him, but also far enough away that I can reach up a hand and give his little paw a squeeze of love.  When I have his paw in my hand and am giving it that little squeeze, he clenches up his paw as if he is giving me that little squeeze of love right back.  Very often I will open my hand, but leave his paw in the palm of my hand.  He will then adjust himself to lay his head on his paw and go to sleep that way.  Or sometimes we are laying in such a way that he moves his paw to my arm, and lays his head in the palm of my hand and goes to sleep.  Sometimes I move my arm away and he reaches out with his little paw curved to pull it back.  I can't tell you how much these rituals warm my heart and make it glow.  One night I woke up during the middle of the night and we were forehead to forehead....it was very sweet.  

When he lays in my lap, he is content to stay there for hours.  If I didn't have to get up and move, he wouldn't get up and move.

He is more Meezer than Junior was, or Sammy is.  He does more talking than the two of them combined.  He does not hesitate to talk to me about everything.  I only wish I could understand.  And he is the quickest to purr, and purrs long and loud.

He follows me to the door, and would go with me if it didn't involve a car ride.  And he is waiting for me at the door when I get home.  While my friend was living with me, she told me that Orion would meow at the door for a bit after I left.  Such a sweet boy.  I think he would be happiest if I was at home all the time.

He loves to be scritched anywhere on his head, and along his jawline is one of his favorite places.  As you all know, he pulls out his fur about midway down his back to his tail and then some off his tail.  I recently saw a diagram of how the muscles are affected in cats who are declawed.  So I have started doing a bit of light massage just on each side of his spine near where he pulls out his fur.  He will lay there quietly while I do this, and as I continue he will close his eyes in contentment.  I believe it feels good to him.  He doesn't like this near his back hips, but I will keep working on it.  This is the most he has let me touch him in those areas since he adopted me.  I truly hope it helps him.

Well, I can't think of anything else to say about my sweet boy right now, so I will get this posted.

Meowm Rhonda




13 Comments:

Blogger Random Felines said...

such a sweet boy..... we hope his ears are feeling better

August 13, 2014 1:01 PM  
Blogger Marilia said...

I hope he stay better!!!!
Purring for him!

August 13, 2014 2:39 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Sweet Orion, we hope you keep feeling better!

August 13, 2014 4:41 PM  
Blogger Sasha said...

We wonder why he pulls out his fur. Is it stress? It sounds as if he has a wonderful life. Is it possible that he is allergic to something that is making him itchy in that area. Some chemicals can give cats that are susceptible a bad reaction. We try to use as few as possible in cleaning the house.

August 13, 2014 6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so very fortunate to have such a feline family member. He is a truly remarkable cat. Peter almost has a similar bond with Sage, but not as close as your with Orion. So very special indeed.

August 13, 2014 9:25 PM  
Blogger Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Some kitties are just extra special - I hope Orion is feeling MUCH better!

August 13, 2014 9:29 PM  
Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

We hope that you are okay Orion!

August 13, 2014 10:12 PM  
Blogger da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood...de blessings oh st francis two ewe ya get ta feelin WAAAAAY better...itz way kewl ewe N meowm haz de bond ewe due ♥

August 14, 2014 9:36 AM  
Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

What a sweet post. We hope Orion is feeling better and better.

August 14, 2014 9:52 AM  
Blogger Katnip Lounge said...

I know how it is when a kitty decides you are The One...Orion just thinks the world of you, Meowm! We're all purring that he feels 100% again soon.

August 15, 2014 6:42 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

What a sweetie pie! We are purring that Orion feels all better soon.

August 15, 2014 10:40 PM  
Blogger Jans Funny Farm said...

Orion sounds like a little love bug. We hope he will feel better quickly.

August 16, 2014 2:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Orion is so special! :-) Although I've "known" him a long time, I didn't know all those fascinating things about him! :-) It was wonderful learning more.

I do hope he is OK and is back to his old self soon! Love that picture of him! :-)

Hsin-Yi

September 15, 2014 6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home